Additional Resources and Tools
1. General Sheltering Resources
- Massachusetts Statewide Mass Care and Shelter Coordination Plan: Local Shelter Toolkit is intended to help local emergency managers plan and implement mass care and shelter operations. The guidance information contained within this toolkit is not intended to establish new standards or requirements for local shelter resources or staffing levels. All information contained within should be customized to meet the specific needs and operational structure of the local community.
2. FNSS Sheltering Resources
- ASPR/TRACIE Access and Functional Needs Topic Collection highlights recent case studies, lessons learned, tools, and promising practices for working with individuals with disabilities and others with access and functional needs.
- Medical Reserve Corps of Massachusetts documents page provides a section on resources for Functional Needs and Shelter Support.
- Texas Dept. of Public Safety FNSS Toolkit provides first responders and emergency management professionals basic information about interacting with residents with disabilities during a disaster.
- State of Georgia Functional and Access Needs Support Services Toolkit provides local officials with tools to plan and provide reasonable accommodations for all citizens during disaster incidents.
- City of Oakland Mass Care and Shelter Plan Functional Needs Annex provides a framework to prepare for and provide temporary mass care and shelter to people with disabilities during times of emergency. This Annex was developed as a result of CFILC, v. City of Oakland (2010) and uses the C-MIST framework.
- The Access and Functional Needs Video Series from the National Center for Disaster Medicine & Public Health illustrates exceptional examples of how health professionals and communities with access and functional needs are working together on disaster preparedness.