Use these checklists and templates to assist and guide planning in the Assess, Build, and Maintain phases of the COOP planning process. Adapt the checklists and templates to fit your specific organizational or departmental needs.
- COOP Plan Checklist. Used to track progress during the Assess-Build-Maintain COOP Planning Process
- Use this Anticipated Challenges Activity to identify potential challenges you are likely to encounter in your organization as you undertake a COOP planning process.
Plan the Process
Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA)
Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
Organizational Foundation Information
Training and Exercises
Maintenance and Updates
Use the following links to gain more information on COOP planning and resources.
- FEMA Continuity of Operations Division
- U.S. Fire Administration/FEMA Continuity of Operations Video Series
- U.S. Fire Administration/FEMA Continuity of Operations Video Series / Delegation of Authority and Orders of Succession
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services Frequently asked questions on COOP
- 2001 HVA Analysis by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Sustaining Critical Services: Continuity of Operations For Public Health
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
- National Fire Protection Association NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs
- International Organization for Standardization: Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity
- ASIS Business Continuity Guidelines
- New Jersey Primary Care Association COOP Templates