Learning Center FAQs
Below are answers to frequently asked questions related to DelValle Institute classroom courses and technical requirements for online courses. If you have any additional questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Learning Center underwent a major system upgrade on October 22, 2018. Review frequently asked questions about this process.Q&A about the Site Upgrade
The Course History displayed on the Dashboard will list most of the instructor-led and self-paced trainings you have taken with us, with a few exceptions:
- As a result of the October 2018 system upgrade,
attendance records for trainings taken before July 2015 will not be
displayed. At your request, we can provide you with a copy of attendance records
for accreditation or other purposes.
- If you registered for a course that
was held before October 2018 but
needed to cancel your registration, it will show up in your dashboard, under
“Enrolled Courses” rather than “Completed Courses.”
- If you register for an instructor-led
course held after October 2018 but need
to cancel or do not show up for the course, in most cases you will receive a
notification from us and the course will be removed from your Dashboard
If you think that there is an error in the attendance history displayed on your Learning Center Dashboard, please send an email to email@example.com with a description of what information is missing or inaccurate.
Please cancel your registration as soon as you know you are unable to attend to allow waitlisted registrants to join the course. If you still have trouble cancelling your registration, contact the DelValle Institute for Emergency Preparedness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-343-1370.
To prepare for a webinar:
- Confirm that your hardware and software are ready for Adobe Connect 9.2.1 by performing a system self-test:
- For desktop computers, go to https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- For mobile devices, install the free Adobe Connect Mobile application
To join the webinar:
- Click on the link from within the course page
- Enter as a Guest and type your full name when prompted
- Set up your audio. You may plug in your headset, headphones, or speakers to receive audio
- Participate in the session using the Chat pod to ask or respond to questions
We recommend using the most recent versions of Google Chrome on desktop. Other desktop browsers that are reportedly compatible include Edge, Firefox, and Safari; older versions of Internet Explorer have known compatibility issues. Navigation of this site is also supported on mobile browsers, including Mobile Safari and Google Chrome.
Note About Online Trainings: All of our online courses are compatible with the latest version of Google Chrome on desktop. However, certain online courses are not compatible with other browsers, including several courses that have issues displaying on Internet Explorer.
If pop-ups are still disabled on your device after you followed the instructions in the article above, it could be that a toolbar add-on is blocking pop-ups. Check your toolbar settings to make sure pop-ups are enabled for https://delvalle.bphc.org.
- Computer: 1GHz processor or higher (32- or 64-bit)
- Memory: 1GB minimum
- Display: 1,024 x 768 or higher recommended
- Multimedia: Sound card and headphones or speakers
Accreditation offered includes:
- Nursing: Some of our training programs are designed to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Nursing, 244 CMR 5.00. The number of credit hours are specific to the length of the course. To receive a certificate of training with continuing education credit hours for a qualified training program, nurses must complete a pre-test, score at least 70% on the post test and complete the course evaluation.
- EMT: Some of our training programs are approved for OEMS (Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services) continuing education credit hours. The number of credit hours and OEMS levels (EMT-Basic, Advanced EMT, and Paramedic ) are specific to the length of the course and the training program. Unless otherwise specified, courses are only approved for Individual Continued Competency Requirements. To receive a certificate of completion with continuing education credit hours for a qualified training program, EMTs and Paramedics must complete the course evaluation.
- Health Officer: Some of our training programs are designed to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Health Officers, 241 CMR 4.00 for contact hours of continuing education. The number of credit hours are specific to the length of the course. To receive a certificate of completion with continuing education credit hours for a qualified training program, Health Officers must complete the course evaluation.
- Registered Sanitarian: Some of our training programs are designed to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registered Sanitarians, 255 CMR 5.00 for contact hours of continuing education. The number of credit hours are specific to the length of the course. To receive a certificate of completion with continuing education credit hours for a qualified training program, Registered Sanitarians must complete the course evaluation.
For more information about applying for internships or working with us in another capacity, please visit that section on our Get Involved page.